MORI Engine is my project to create MMO server and client software. The design targets are:
- Scalability of server architecture to support seamless massive multiplayer environments
- Ruthless physical (physics based) combat
- One world for all
- Complete shapeability - fell trees, detonate mountains, dig mines, build vast cities.
The engine can thus support the intended RPG world of Mori:
- Player operated economy
- Full scale of medieval crafts and professions
- Sandbox gameplay
- Areas varying from kindergarten Farmville to absolute anarchy
These are ambitious targets, and not realistic for a single person. Especially the graphical content will need more human power. I will try to get more funding, but I guess the first step is to prove the viability of the technical concept.